Dissertation editing services
Dissertations are science; stories are art. Dissertation editors worth your time and money will have a deep appreciation for both.
A dissertation is more than a journal of your research. It's a story that begins with a problem or question, has characters in the form of primary research and evidence, includes analysis of the characters and your unique interpretation of this analysis, and concludes with answers to the questions with which your story began.
What quality dissertation editing looks like
The quality of editors is the most important attribute that separates dissertation services. An editor must understand the research process and reasons why dissertation committees approve or reject a PhD student's paper. Quality editing services employ people who understand and apply this perspective during edits. Editors are the key ingredient that separates good from great dissertation writing.
For example, any copy editor with an English degree can make your writing grammatically correct. But, will they ensure facts are adequately presented to back your analysis? Will they ensure your sources are cited? Will they guarantee your paper follows the dissertation structure: abstract, acknowledgments, table of contents, introduction, discussion, analysis, findings and conclusion, references, and appendices? Will they understand the intent of each section of the paper and make sure your content supports the intent? Will they ensure your document is a pleasure to read and something you can be proud to present?
I saved months on the editing process of my dissertation. They are an exceptional editing service that is current with APA and academic dissertation standards. I highly recommend Gramlee to any doctoral student.
My dissertation was nominated for a departmental award. My chair and committee were impressed with the quality of my work. Thank you for the excellent service!
Every member of my committee said that it was one of the best, most well-written dissertations they had read. I could not have done it without Gramlee.
After 10 months and numerous revisions by other companies, Gramlee's editors were able to get me to the next step in my doctoral study process within 48 hours! First-class service.
I successfully defended my dissertation and your staff played a HUGE role in my success. The editor's notes and suggestions were very comprehensive and constructive.
Thank you for your assistance, editing, and advice. I couldn't have done it without Gramlee!!!
Copy editing versus proofreading
If there is a single piece of advice that you take from this page, it's this: choose a dissertation editor who copy edits and not just proofreads. Make sure whoever you choose understands the difference. Choose a dissertation editing service that copy edits and not just proofreads. The difference matters, especially when your research is at stake.
Gramlee's dissertation editing service
Gramlee guarantees your paper will not be rejected for reasons related to structure, writing, documentation, or linguistic professionalism. Here is a list of things we edit for:
- Subject/verb agreements
- Tense consistency
- Word or phrase redundancy
- Active versus passive voice
- Brevity and eliminating sentences that add no value
Tone and cultural sensitivity
- Keeps locale and subject matter in mind
- Ensures your writing does not invade political and cultural sensitivities
- Diction and appropriate language for your subject and audience
- Sentence structure
- Proper use of paragraphs
- Logical layout and sequence of paragraphs
- Table of Contents, List of Figures/Charts/Tables, Abstract
Documentation and citations
- Ensure that you credit others’ ideas and do not accidentally present as your own
- Proper format for citations
Adherence to the style required by your institution
- Others (too many to list)
- American English or British English (we can edit for either)
- Overall flow and readability of the dissertation
What our service cannot do
We stand behind our doctrine on ethics. Here are things we cannot do with dissertations:
- We cannot create content for you. We are not a service that writes dissertations.
- We cannot conduct research or summarize your research.
- We cannot guide you about your field of research.
- We will not edit a paper that we feel has been purchased from a dissertation writing service.
Our dissertation process and how to start
Our editing process looks like this.
- Email us a draft of your dissertation.
- We will review your paper and provide an estimate of time and cost. Your writing style is a major factor in determining the time required and types of edits we will need to make. Beware of estimates from other services that give you a per-word quote without reviewing your entire dissertation.
- If you decide to proceed with Gramlee, we will email an invoice that you can pay online using Credit Card or PayPal.
- We will begin editing. Upon your request, we can also send you a revised version of the first 10,000 words. We want your feedback about our editing approach with your paper. Doing this early allows us to adjust our strategy if needed. This transparency also gives you a window into our editing process.
- The senior editor will complete their edits and email you a final revised dissertation. We use the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word so you can see every change and comment.
- You will always have access to our editors afterwards in case you have questions.
Our editors can manage up to 4,000 words per day. Experience shows us that exceeding this threshold leads to editing fatigue and deterioration in quality. Yes, you guessed right: services that promise lightning-fast edits are in business to maximize profits over a quality final product that you will be proud of.
To get started, please email us with your paper attached. We will give you an estimate within twelve (12) hours.